After the coronavirus pandemic hit, many patients began wondering if it was safe to visit their local dentist’s office. At TotallySmiles, we are committed to the health and safety of both our staff and our patients. Our office has gone above and beyond the recommended safety precautions to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each health agencies’ recommendations. Learn more about how our COVID-19 protocols below
Dentist in Gaithersburg, MD
It’s important to us that we continue to provide dental services during this time. Dental health is directly tied to your overall health, meaning that it is best to avoid skipping dentist appointments whenever possible. To ensure no patients have to skip their appointments due to safety concerns, we ask that all visitors continue to wear masks until otherwise announced. Additionally, when you visit our Gaithersburg, MD dentist office, you will notice advanced infection control measures like:
- UV-C HEPA Air Filters in all treatment rooms and throughout the office.
- New state of the art dental suction system reducing aerosols by up to 90%
- High filter level masks
- Face Shield
- Sneeze Guards at the reception desk
- Disposable Lab Coats
- Hand Sanitizer
- EPA approved high-level disinfectants
Visiting The Dentist During COVID-19
Know that our office takes the safety precautions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic very seriously. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We have made some changes to our office protocols to help protect our patients and staff. These changes are listed below:
- Appointments will be managed for social distancing between patients and individualized care.
- We have also made a great effort to go completely paperless! “Paperwork” will be easier than ever and delivered to you via text or email to be completed before walking into the office.
- We will be unable to accommodate anyone other than scheduled patients in our office during your visit. If you need to be accompanied for medical reasons or as a minor, your companion will be screened in the same fashion as you.
- You will now simply call us at 301-948-8838 when you have arrived for your appointment and remain in your car until you are invited to enter the office for your visit.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.
- We will ask you to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you enter the office. We will also be checking everyone’s temperature upon entry into the office with an FDA-approved contactless laser thermometer.
- To maintain the highest standard of infection control for your safety, a nominal fee of $7 will be assessed per visit.
Schedule An Appointment
It’s important to see your dentist once every six months to maintain optimal oral health and wellness. If you have any questions or concerns about our newest safety protocols, please contact us directly for more information on what to expect during your visit. Schedule an appointment online, and we look forward to seeing you soon.